Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Airplane Delivery to Boston

Well, the time has come to deliver my airplane to its new owners.  I'm planning to leave tomorrow at around noon and hope to arrive by Thursday evening. We'll finish the transaction on Friday and I'll fly back on a airline flight either Friday or Saturday.

Picture of N6720N HIO
My airplane at Hillsboro Airport a few weeks ago.


I have mixed emotions about selling the plane.  It's a sad moment for me; after more than 250 flight hours in the airplane, it's a well known friend, plus I will miss the freedom of going to the airport and jumping in my airplane whenever I feel like it.  On the other hand, it will be nice not to have to pay for the costs of keeping it anymore. Also on the plus side, I'm excited about the delivery flight.  It's a big challenge to go up against all the weather and distance so I've been putting a lot of thought and planning into the flight.

For you nerdy pilot types, the route will be as follows: KPUW, MSO, GTF, KHZE, KTVC, YYZ, KOWD.  In English that's: Take off from Pullman Aiport, pass over the Missoula VOR, pass over the Great Falls VOR, Land and take on fuel at Mercer County Regional in Hazen ND, Land and take on fuel at Cherry Capital Airport in Traverse City, MI, pass over the Toronto VOR, and finally land at Norwood Memorial Airport in Boston.

If any of you want to follow along my flight on Flight Aware, you can right here.  I will most likely be flying IFR which means you should be able to see my whole route (and it will probably be in three sections). Weather (especially thunderstorms) may change the actual route from what I planned above.

I'd appreciate everyone's prayers for a safe and uneventful trip.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment