Sunday, June 8, 2014

We Are Moving to Portland!

We have had serious progress toward our missionary aviation goals in 2014.  We can report answers to prayer for a variety of matters, including the sale of our house, sale of the airplane and finding a place to live in Portland. 

Our house sale closed last month, and after two trips to Portland we have found an apartment that is within walking distance of school.  We are planning to move sometime between July 1 and July 15.  If all goes as planned (I get to the front of the waiting list for the school), I will be starting AMT school in the fall semester in September. That will leave us this summer to get settled and to get jobs.  I also have also sold my airplane, and will be delivering it to the buyers in Boston this week. 

I am working on becoming a certified flight instructor (CFI), which involves a lot of work and preparation. I'm seeking this certification for several reasons. First, it will enable me to have an employment opportunity while in AMT school.  Second, if I do get a job as a CFI, I will remain current and gain experience in my flying abilities, which will be helpful later as I begin to fly as a missionary. Third, it will make me a better pilot to have to teach; there is no learning experience like teaching. 

I want to take this opportunity to thank so many of you who have given encouragement and well wishes as we have told you our objectives and goals. Obviously this is a time of significant change in life and lifestyle for Karen and me, which can seem overwhelming sometimes.  Thus we are grateful to have prayers and encouragement.    

We would appreciate your prayers for:
  • The final details of our apartment falling into place
  • A safe trip to Boston to deliver my airplane
  • Success and speed in obtaining my CFI certificate
  • A safe and easy move to Portland
  • Finding a good church in Portland
  • Good part time employment in Portland
  • Guidance on place of service
  • Guidance on choosing a mission agency

As we ask for your prayers, if you have a matter you want us to pray about, please let us know and we will pray.  Galatians 6:2 says: "Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."  

No comments:

Post a Comment