Monday, June 30, 2014

Looking Back and Looking Ahead

Today was my last day of work at VMRD. I have mixed feelings at this point. I have worked there full-time for the last eight years, and part time since the late 90s. Of course it is also my family's business. It has been an awesome place to work, and I am very grateful for my time there. I am leaving a lot of good friends and good people. I guess the best description would be that I'm wistful. On the other hand I'm extremely excited about our future. It is a tremendous opportunity to be able to serve God and at the same time to do something I love. There will be a lot of work and it will not always be easy, but it is what I am meant to do. 
Tomorrow we will begin a new chapter in the life of this family. The first order of business is to get moved to Portland. Karen has been doing an awesome job getting things ready for the move over the past few months. Now I will be able to help her with the move preparation full-time. Since I need a job when we get there, I will also be pushing very hard in the next few weeks toward getting my CFI. We would appreciate prayers for strength, wisdom and safety over the next few weeks as we move.
Meanwhile, this little cutie is being cute:

No comments:

Post a Comment